Tuesday, March 13, 2018

The Source of the Story how Jesus declared the Betrayal of Judas Iscariot

Chapter III
The Sources of the Gospels and the Way of Writing Them
Section IV
The Texts that were attributed directly to the Old Testament in the Gospels
In this section we will examine the texts of the Old Testament that were attributed directly to it, and the Gospels authors said that they have not been fulfilled, and achieved only in Jesus and his time and his generation, to find out what is the truth and the reality of them, and if the Gospels authors have told the truth or not.

19 - The Source of the Story how Jesus declared the Betrayal of Judas Iscariot
Matthew 26:21 Now as they were eating, He said, "Assuredly, I say to you, one of you will betray Me."
Matthew 26:22 And they were exceedingly sorrowful, and each of them began to say to Him"Lord, is it I?"
Matthew 26:23 He answered and said, "He who dipped his hand with Me in the dish will betray Me.
Matthew 26:24 "The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born."
Matthew 26:25 Then Judas, who was betraying Him, answered and said, "Rabbi, is it I?" He said to him, "You have said it."
Mark 14:17 In the evening He came with the twelve.
Mark 14:18 Now as they sat and ate, Jesus said, "Assuredly, I say to you, one of you who eats with Me will betray Me."
Mark 14:19 And they began to be sorrowful, and to say to Him one by one, "Is it I?" And another said, "Is it I?"
Mark 14:20 He answered and said to them, "It is one of the twelve, who dips with Me in the dish.
Mark 14:21 "The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had never been born." 
Luke 22:21 "But behold, the hand of My betrayer is with Me on the table.
Luke 22:22 "And truly the Son of Man goes as it has been determined, but woe to that man by whom He is betrayed!"
Luke 22:23 Then they began to question among themselves, which of them it was who would do this thing.
John 13:16 "Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him.
John 13:17 "If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.
John 13:18 "I do not speak concerning all of you. I know whom I have chosen; but that the Scripture may be fulfilled, ‘He who eats bread with Me has lifted up his heel against Me’.
John 13:19 "Now I tell you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe that I AM.
John 13:20 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who receives whomever I send receives Me; and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me."
John 13:21 When Jesus had said these things, He was troubled in spirit, and testified and said, "Most assuredly, I say to you, one of you will betray Me."
John 13:22 Then the disciples looked at one anotherperplexed about whom He spoke.
John 13:23 Now there was leaning on Jesus’ bosom one of His disciples, whom Jesus loved.
John 13:24 Simon Peter therefore motioned to him to ask who it was of whom He spoke.
John 13:25 Then, leaning back on Jesus’ breast, he said to Him, "Lord, who is it?"
John 13:26 Jesus answered, "It is he to whom I shall give a piece of bread when I have dipped it." And having dipped the bread, He gave it to Judas Iscariotthe son of Simon.
John 13:27 Now after the piece of bread, Satan entered him. Then Jesus said to him, "What you do, do quickly."
John 13:28 But no one at the table knew for what reason He said this to him.
John 13:29 For some thought, because Judas had the money box, that Jesus had said to him, "Buy those things we need for the feast," or that he should give something to the poor.
John 13:30 Having received the piece of bread, he then went out immediately. And it was night.
These texts show how Jesus declared the betrayal of Judas Iscariot, and we notice several differences among them including the following:
The first is the way of declaration about the one who will betray him; Matthew and Mark have written "He who dipped his hand with me in the dish will betray me", and Luke wrote "the hand of my betrayer is with me on the table", while John has written a different story in all details as we read in his text, and this way or method of writing and the difference in details raises many doubts about the truth of the texts as a whole. So what was preventing Jesus to declare Judas by name, if what had been written is true?
As well as his talking of Judas; saying "He who dipped his hand with me in the dish will betray me", "who eats with me will betray me", "who dips with me in the dish" and " the hand of my betrayer is with me on the table", and the first thing comes to the mind of man that there are thousands of people who were eating with him, so that he could not indicate to him directly or to be named, while the Gospels wrote that there were only twelve men, and all of them were eating with him, and dipping their hands in the dish, so why didn't he tell them that Judas will betray him?!
As for John, he had written another story, which have nothing to do with what was written by the other three, and this shows that what they have written was not through the revelation or the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, or even through the same knowledge, otherwise they should write the same story.
The second is the reason of the betrayal of Judas Iscariot; Matthew said "The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him", and Mark wrote "The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him", and Luke wrote "And truly the Son of Man goes as it has been determined; while John has shown the reason by saying that the Scripture may be fulfilled, "He who eats bread with Me has lifted up his heel against Me", from these phrases we notice that Matthew and Mark agreed to say that the Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, and here I wonder what is written about this Son of Man, except what has been written in Daniel's Book, which is as follows:
Daniel 7:13 "I was watching in the night visions, And behold, One like the Son of Man, Coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, And they brought Him near before Him.
Daniel 7:14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion, Which shall not pass away, And His kingdom the one Which shall not be destroyed.
So, is there in this text any indication about the betrayal of Judas or about the crucifixion?!
For this, Luke wrote as it has been determined, not as it is written, because there is no text that speaks of this Son of Man except this text, though there are several texts speak of the son of man in the Old Testament, yet they do not refer to the son of man who was mentioned in the text of Daniel, while John has said that the reason of Judas' betrayal is that the Scripture may be fulfilled, ‘He who eats bread with Me has lifted up his heel against Me’.
And this paragraph written in the Psalm 41, and we will review it to find out if it has been fulfilled in the time of Jesus and the betrayal of Judas or not, which is as follows:
Psalm 41:1 (To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.) Blessed is he who considers the poor; The LORD will deliver him in time of trouble.
Psalm 41:2 The LORD will preserve him and keep him aliveAnd he will be blessed on the earthYou will not deliver him to the will of his enemies.
Psalm 41:3 The LORD will strengthen him on his bed of illness; You will sustain him on his sickbed.
The Psalm begins by saying blessed the one who considers the poor, and this person is supposed to be Jesus according to the understanding of John and the churches, because he quoted the paragraph from this Psalm, and this understanding is incorrect, because the end of Jesus as is written in the Gospels inconsistent with the person who has been mentioned here, because if the Psalm was talking about Jesus, the Lord should deliver him in time of trouble and preserve him and keep him alive as the preceding paragraphs said, and will not be crucified as the Gospels said!
Psalm 41:4 I said, "LORD, be merciful to me; Heal my soul, for I have sinned against You."
In this paragraph, we read that the speaker asking the Lord for mercy, as well as he asked healing his soul for he has sinned against Him, which proves that this Psalm was not talking about a god and the son of God and one of the three Persons who are one and have the same nature and essence but about an ordinary man.
Moreover, what are the sins, which Jesus has sinned against the LORD; that make his soul sick, which forcing him to ask mercy and healing of them?
Furthermore, this paragraph contradicts the laws of faith of the various churches, which says that the three Persons are equal in the ability, the attributes and the essence and the nature, because as we read that the speaker, who is considered Jesus by John, asks the Lord for the mercy and healing because he has sinned against Him, and this refers to the lack of equality, unless if we suppose that these three Persons who dwelt, and lived in the body of Jesus have nothing to do with the Lord, the Creator of the heavens and the earth, and they have sinned against Him, which forcing them to ask mercy and healing their soul!
Psalm 41:5 My enemies speak evil of me: "When will he die, and his name perish?"
Psalm 41:6 And if he comes to see me, he speaks lies; His heart gathers iniquity to itself; When he goes out, he tells it.
Psalm 41:7 All who hate me whisper together against me; Against me they devise my hurt.
Psalm 41:8 "An evil disease," they say, "clings to him. And now that he lies down, he will rise up no more".
These paragraphs talk in general, and there is no any reference to the crucifixion of Jesus, or that Jesus is one of the three Persons who are one and have the same nature and essence!
While David, who wrote the Psalm, had spent many years of his life fighting against his enemies, and has been saved of many tribulations by the LORD, and his enemies have spoken evil of him, and who hate him whisper together against him, and they have devised his hurt, as is written in the Old Testament.
Therefore, the Psalm fully applies to David, while if we say that the Psalm was talking about Jesus, there will be many contradictions between what is written about Jesus and the content of the Psalm.
Psalm 41:9 Even my own familiar friend in whom I trusted, Who ate my bread, Has lifted up his heel against me.
King James Version
Psalm 41:9 Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up [his] heel against me.
Hebrew Version
Psalm 41:10 Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, who did eat of my bread, {N} hath lifted up his heel against me.
Septuagint Version
Psalm 41:9 For even the man of my peace, in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, lifted up his heel against me.
This is the paragraph that was quoted by John, and as we notice that John has distorted it!!! Because he says "but that the Scripture may be fulfilled, ‘He who eats bread with Me has lifted up his heel against Me’", while the text of the Psalm in all versions says that who ate my bread, has lifted up his heel against me, and this manipulation and distortion of the text proves two things. The first is that the Gospels have not been written through the revelation or the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. The second is that they have not been written according to the historical events that were seen or heard from trusted and reliable sources, but according to the way or the method or the approach of writing the Gospels, which is the quoting from texts of the Old Testament and reformulating them in their accounts without paying any attention to the contradiction with the other Gospels, as is the case in this story, to bestow a state of credibility, reliability and holiness on their Gospels.
Psalm 41:10 But You, O LORD, be merciful to me, and raise me up, That I may repay them.
Psalm 41:11 By this I know that You are well pleased with me, Because my enemy does not triumph over me.
Psalm 41:12 As for me, You uphold me in my integrity, And set me before Your face forever.
In these paragraphs the speaker says "by this I know that the LORD is well pleased with me, because my enemy does not triumph over me". And there is no doubt that it does not refer to Jesus, because the enemies of Jesus not only triumphed over him, but they have whipped him and beaten him and slapped him and spat on his face and mocked him and in the end crucified him.
So if all this has already happened with Jesus, could we say that the Lord had not pleased with him, because if He had pleased with Jesus, He will not allow his enemies to triumph over him?!
Psalm 41:13 Blessed be the LORD God of Israel From everlasting to everlasting! Amen and Amen.
Blessed be the Lord God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting, the Creator of the heavens and the earth, who among the gods there is none like Him, who there is no god besides Him, who does not let man prevail against Him, and the heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain Him, and He who was not the one who lives on the earth and in the woman's womb for nine months, and a handful of people have triumphed over him. Amen.
From all of the above, we conclude that the law "do not accept the lying and false" applies to this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment