Saturday, March 10, 2018

The Source of the Saying of the LORD concerning Jesus "You are My beloved son, in whom I am well pleased" and the Source of the Saying "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord"

Chapter III
The Sources of the Gospels and the Way of Writing Them
Section VI
The Texts which were quoted from the Old Testament, but they have not been attributed directly to it
In this section will examine the texts which were quoted from the Old Testament, but they have not been attributed directly to it, as is the case in the previous sections, which I call it Storyline or Plot-story or screenplay of the Gospels, where we will review the most of the events and stories and sayings that mentioned in the Gospels, and comparing them with the Old Testament and with Jesus as was portrayed in the Gospels, and his attributes in the laws of the faith of the churches as well.
11 - The Source of the Saying of the LORD concerning Jesus "You are My beloved son, in whom I am well pleased"
We have read in the story of the Baptism of Jesus and the story of transfiguration some paragraphs that talked about a voice came from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased".
So, do these paragraphs mean that Jesus has divine attributes, which making him a god with the LORD or beside Him?! Or do indicate to the multiplicity of gods or the Trinity, or the three Hypostases or the three Persons?
Or it had been quoted from the Old Testament, as is the method and approach of writing the Gospels, as is shown in this book?
Before continuing, let's read these texts:
Matthew 3:17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
Mark 1:10 And immediately, coming up from the water, He saw the heavens parting and the Spirit descending upon Him like a dove.
Mark 1:11 Then a voice came from heaven, "You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
Luke 3:21 When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened.
Luke 3:22 And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, "You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased."
Matthew 17:5 While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleasedHear Him!"
Mark 9:7 And a cloud came and overshadowed them; and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My beloved Son. Hear Him!"
Luke 9:34 While he was saying this, a cloud came and overshadowed them; and they were fearful as they entered the cloud.
Luke 9:35 And a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My beloved Son. Hear Him!"
These texts are the only sayings, including a verse, which was written by John in his Gospel "I have both glorified it and will glorify it again", (John 12:28), that the Gospels authors said that the Lord uttered them directly!
First of all, this pleasure is inconsistent with what is written in the Gospels about Jesus, whether what he had suffered during the trial, or when he was on the cross, forcing him to cry out in a loud voice "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me".
Moreover, if these texts are true, it should happen to Jesus as what happened to the people, in whom the LORD was well pleased in the Old Testament, as in the following texts:
2 Samuel 22:1 Then David spoke to the LORD the words of this songon the day when the LORD had delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul.
2 Samuel 22:2 And he said: "The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
2 Samuel 22:3 The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, My stronghold and my refuge; My Savior, You save me from violence.
2 Samuel 22:4 I will call upon the LORDwho is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies.
2 Samuel 22:5 ‘When the waves of death surrounded me, The floods of ungodliness made me afraid.
2 Samuel 22:6 The sorrows of Sheol surrounded me; The snares of death confronted me.
2 Samuel 22:7 In my distress I called upon the LORD, And cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, And my cry entered His ears.
2 Samuel 22:8 "Then the earth shook and trembled; The foundations of heaven quaked and were shaken, Because He was angry.
2 Samuel 22:9 Smoke went up from His nostrils, And devouring fire from His mouth; Coals were kindled by it.
2 Samuel 22:10 He bowed the heavens also, and came down With darkness under His feet.
2 Samuel 22:11 He rode upon a cherub, and flew; And He was seen upon the wings of the wind.
2 Samuel 22:12 He made darkness canopies around Him, Dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.
2 Samuel 22:13 From the brightness before Him Coals of fire were kindled.
2 Samuel 22:14 "The LORD thundered from heaven, And the Most High uttered His voice.
2 Samuel 22:15 He sent out arrows and scattered them; Lightning bolts, and He vanquished them.
2 Samuel 22:16 Then the channels of the sea were seen, The foundations of the world were uncovered, At the rebuke of the LORD, At the blast of the breath of His nostrils.
2 Samuel 22:17 "He sent from above, He took me, He drew me out of many waters.
2 Samuel 22:18 He delivered me from my strong enemy, From those who hated me; For they were too strong for me.
2 Samuel 22:19 They confronted me in the day of my calamity, But the LORD was my support
2 Samuel 22:20 He also brought me out into a broad place; He delivered me because He delighted in me.
2 Samuel 22:21 "The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness; According to the cleanness of my hands He has recompensed me.
2 Samuel 22:22 For I have kept the ways of the LORD, And have not wickedly departed from my God.
2 Samuel 22:23 For all His judgments were before me; And as for His statutes, I did not depart from them.
2 Samuel 22:24 I was also blameless before Him, And I kept myself from my iniquity.
2 Samuel 22:25 Therefore the LORD has recompensed me according to my righteousness, According to my cleanness in His eyes.
Psalm 18:17 He delivered me from my strong enemy, From those who hated me, For they were too strong for me.
Psalm 18:18 They confronted me in the day of my calamity, But the LORD was my support.
Psalm 18:19 He also brought me out into a broad place; He delivered me because He delighted in me.
Psalm 18:20 The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness; According to the cleanness of my hands He has recompensed me.
Psalm 18:21 For I have kept the ways of the LORD, And have not wickedly departed from my God.
Psalm 18:22 For all His judgments were before me, And I did not put away His statutes from me.
In these texts David says that the LORD had delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul, and says "In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried out to my God; He heard my voice", and that the Lord had delivered him, because He delighted in him, for all His judgments were before him; and as for His statutes, and he has kept the ways of the LORD, and has not wickedly departed from his God.
So, could we really say that the LORD did not save Jesus during his trail and the crucifixion, because the pleasure of the LORD in Jesus had been finished, or the truth is that the Gospels authors had quoted these texts from the Old Testament according to their method and approach of writing the Gospels away from historical events and the revelation and the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, as is shown in this book?
Let's read the following text:
1 Chronicles 28:4 "However the LORD God of Israel chose me above all the house of my father to be king over Israel forever, for He has chosen Judah to be the ruler; and of the house of Judah, the house of my father, and among the sons of my father, He was pleased with me to make me king over all Israel.
1 Chronicles 28:5 "And of all my sons (for the LORD has given me many sons) He has chosen my son Solomon to sit on the throne of the kingdom of the LORD over Israel.
1 Chronicles 28:6 "Now He said to me, ‘It is your son Solomon who shall build My house and My courts; for I have chosen him to be My son, and I will be his Father.
1 Chronicles 28:7 ‘Moreover I will establish his kingdom forever, if he is steadfast to observe My commandments and My judgments, as it is this day’.
1 Chronicles 28:8 "Now therefore, in the sight of all Israel, the assembly of the LORD, and in the hearing of our God, be careful to seek out all the commandments of the LORD your God, that you may possess this good land, and leave it as an inheritance for your children after you forever.
1 Chronicles 28:9 "As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a loyal heart and with a willing mind; for the LORD searches all hearts and understands all the intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever.
In this text David says that the Lord was pleased with him to make him king over all Israel, and He has chosen Solomon to sit on the throne of the kingdom of the LORD over Israel, and then also says that the LORD has chosen Solomon to be His son, and He will be his Father, although this saying does not mean the real filiation as the churches say concerning Jesus as well-known. So could we say that the Gospels authors had quoted the saying "in whom I am well pleased" from this text?
1Kings 10:9 "Blessed be the LORD your God, who delighted in you, setting you on the throne of Israel! Because the LORD has loved Israel forever, therefore He made you king, to do justice and righteousness."
1Kings 10:10 Then she gave the king one hundred and twenty talents of gold, spices in great quantity, and precious stones. There never again came such abundance of spices as the queen of Sheba gave to King Solomon.
This text talks about Solomon and how the Lord had delighted in him, therefore He made him king to do justice and righteousness over the children of Israel, and this unlike what is written in the Gospels about Jesus, for he did not become king, thus if the LORD pleased in anyone; He will make him king over Israel!
Here some readers might say that the pleasure of the Lord in anyone does not mean that he will be king?
This saying is true in general, but what questions the truth of this saying concerning Jesus, is the prophecies that were written in the Gospels on the lips of the angel of the Lord and Zechariah and others; that says that Jesus is the King of the Jews including the following passages:
Luke 1:32 "He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David.
Luke 1:33 "And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end."
Luke 1:68 "Blessed is the Lord God of Israel, For He has visited and redeemed His people,
Luke 1:69 And has raised up a horn of salvation for us In the house of His servant David,
Luke 1:70 As He spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets, Who have been since the world began,
As for the paragraph "Hear him", I have found text in the Old Testament similar to it, which indicates also that it has been quoted from it, which is as follows:
Deuteronomy 18:15 "The LORD your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst, from your brethren. Him you shall hear,
This text says that the Lord asked the children of Israel to hear the Prophet, whom will be raised up for them from their brethren, and this text had been cited by Luke in the Acts of the Apostles in the sermon Stephen (7:37), but a big difference between the Prophet and Jesus, who is supposed to be a god and the son of God, and one of three Persons who are one and have the same nature and essence as say the churches. Nevertheless the disciples didn't hear him, as shown previously, and this shows how the Gospels authors used the Old Testament texts to write their accounts about Jesus, regardless if they invalidate the laws of the faith of the churches or contradict what they have written in other stories, as is their method and approach of writing the Gospels, as is shown in this book, to bestow a state of holiness and credibility and reliability on the Gospels, which means that the law "do not accept the lying and false" applies to this saying!

12 - The Source of the Saying "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord"
This saying has been written in the Gospels several times, as in the following texts:
Matthew 21:9 Then the multitudes who went before and those who followed cried out, saying: "Hosanna to the Son of David! ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord’! Hosanna in the highest!"
Matthew 21:10 And when He had come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, "Who is this?"
Matthew 21:11 So the multitudes said, "This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth of Galilee."
Matthew 23:37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!
Matthew 23:38 "See! Your house is left to you desolate;
Matthew 23:39 "for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord’!"
Mark 11:9 Then those who went before and those who followed cried out, saying: "Hosanna! ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord’!
Mark 11:10 Blessed is the kingdom of our father David That comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!"
Luke 13:31 On that very day some Pharisees came, saying to Him, "Get out and depart from here, for Herod wants to kill You."
Luke 13:32 And He said to them, "Go, tell that fox, ‘Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected’.
Luke 13:33 "Nevertheless I must journey today, tomorrow, and the day following; for it cannot be that a prophet should perish outside of Jerusalem.
Luke 13:34 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, but you were not willing!
Luke 13:35 "See! Your house is left to you desolate; and assuredly, I say to you, you shall not see Me until the time comes when you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord’!"
Luke 19:37 Then, as He was now drawing near the descent of the Mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works they had seen,
Luke 19:38 saying:" ‘Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord’! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!"
John 12:12 The next day a great multitude that had come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,
John 12:13 took branches of palm trees and went out to meet Him, and cried out: "Hosanna! ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord’The King of Israel!"
These texts contain several issues that should be discussed.
The first issue is concerning of what Matthew wrote that the multitudes said, "This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth of Galilee"; this description is fully inconsistent with Jesus' description in the laws of faith of the churches that say he is a god and the son of God and one of three Persons who are one and have the same nature and essence.
The second issue is about what Matthew wrote on the lips of Jesus, saying, "I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, 'Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord'. Does this mean that if the Jews do not say blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord; he will not come again?!
The third issue is on what Mark wrote on the lips of the multitudes, saying, "Blessed is the kingdom of our father David that comes in the name of the Lord". This kingdom has been appeared to us that it is not real, because Jesus will be arrested after several days of this event, and the Jews will crucify him, as is written in the Gospels. Moreover, Jesus said that his kingdom is not of this world, as in the following text:
John 18:33 Then Pilate entered the Praetorium again, called Jesus, and said to Him, "Are You the King of the Jews?"
John 18:34 Jesus answered him, "Are you speaking for yourself about this, or did others tell you this concerning Me?"
John 18:35 Pilate answered, "Am I a Jew? Your own nation and the chief priests have delivered You to me. What have You done?"
John 18:36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here."
The fourth issue is on what Luke wrote on the lips of the Pharisees, saying, "Get out and depart from here, for Herod wants to kill you". This saying contradicts what he himself has written! Because he wrote in his Gospel that Herod was exceedingly glad when he saw Jesus, as in the following text:
Luke 23:8 Now when Herod saw Jesus, he was exceedingly glad; for he had desired for a long time to see Him, because he had heard many things about Him, and he hoped to see some miracle done by Him.
As we read that Herod was exceedingly glad to see Jesus as Luke wrote, so how he writes here that he wants to kill him?!
Therefore if he wants to kill Jesus, he will not be glad to see him, not only this, but Luke himself has written the words of Pilate that confirm that Herod did not want to kill Jesus, as in the following text:
Luke 23:13 Then Pilate, when he had called together the chief priests, the rulers, and the people,
Luke 23:14 said to them, "You have brought this Man to meas one who misleads the people. And indeed, having examined Him in your presenceI have found no fault in this Man concerning those things of which you accuse Him;
Luke 23:15 "no, neither did Herod, for I sent you back to him; and indeed nothing deserving of death has been done by Him.
Luke 23:16 "I will therefore chastise Him and release Him"
So, if Herod did not find any fault in Jesus deserving of death has been done by him, why Luke wrote this text; unless it is the method of writing that based on the texts of the Old Testament away from the historical events as is shown in this book?!
The fifth issue is about what Luke wrote on the lips of Jesus, saying, "Nevertheless I must journey today, tomorrow, and the day following; for it cannot be that a prophet should perish outside of Jerusalem".
In fact, I cannot imagine how Luke wrote these words, because anyone who has any basic knowledge in the Old Testament knows that there are dozens of prophets died outside Jerusalem, including Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses and Aaron, and many others!
The sixth issue is on what John wrote on the lips of the multitudes, saying, "The King of Israel!", this description is not true, because Jesus was not a king of Israel for one hour or more throughout his life! As well as he refused to be king, and refused to divide the inheritance between two brothers, and refused to condemn a woman who was caught in adultery, and he was paying taxes to Caesar, as in the following texts:
John 6:15 Therefore when Jesus perceived that they were about to come and take Him by force to make Him king, He departed again to the mountain by Himself alone.
Luke 12:13 Then one from the crowd said to Him, "Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me."
Luke 12:14 But He said to him, "Man, who made Me a judge or an arbitrator over you?"
John 8:1 But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.
John 8:2 Now early in the morning He came again into the temple, and all the people came to Him; and He sat down and taught them.
John 8:3 Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst,
John 8:4 they said to Him, "Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act.
John 8:5 "Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned. But what do You say?" 
John 8:6 This they said, testing Him, that they might have something of which to accuse Him. But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with His finger, as though He did not hear.
John 8:7 So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first."
Matthew 22:20 And He said to them"Whose image and inscription is this?"
Matthew 22:21 They said to Him, "Caesar’s." And He said to them"Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s."
From all of the above, we conclude that this saying was not written based on the historical events that were seen or heard from trusted sources, nor through the revelation or inspiration of the Holy Spirit, thus what is the source of this saying?
This saying written in the Psalm 118 that has already been discussed in detail in the previous section when I talked about the source of the saying of Jesus that the kingdom of God will be taken from the Jews and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it, and showed that it was not talking about Jesus, including the following paragraphs:
Psalm 118:25 Save now, I pray, O LORD; O LORD, I pray, send now prosperity.
Psalm 118:26 Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD! We have blessed you from the house of the LORD.
Psalm 118:27 God is the LORD, And He has given us light; Bind the sacrifice with cords to the horns of the altar.
Psalm 118:28 You are my God, and I will praise YouYou are my God, I will exalt You.
Psalm 118:29 Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.
From this explanation we find that the Gospels authors had quoted passages from the Old Testament and reformulated them in their narratives about Jesus, regardless of the true meaning and the reality of those texts and the historical events, for this they have written many errors and contradictions in the Gospels as is shown in this book, which means that the law "do not accept the lying and false" applies to this saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment